Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Kelantan Word

My parents came down to kl for a wedding of our close relative in kl........ The wedding is on sunday and they came quite early to see their grandson and their sons in kl. If there's an ample time for me, i will bring mom to Ikea and my brother will bring dad to car accessory shop. This time, we all only went to my uncle house for raya.

Lots of topic been raised such as my newly wed cousin, whats happen in Kelantan recently, who pass away, who's child get wed and etc etc. But then there one thing caught of our conversation is bout using authentic kelantan word....... like

Bok = books
Sigar = Ladder
tebo'ok = pendam
kessik = seram
kenyea nyadar = kenyang sampai tersadar
pekkar = bertekak ( quarrel )
hunggar = run
kenaling tih tih = seriously dont know what to answer in common word.
saka = sugar
cek pik = dont want to say what does it call in common word. ( i bet anyone who knows this word will smile.......... kekekekekeke)

Its really rare for me esp using this word that i used to heard when i was kids......... simply because most of my friends is non kelantan folks and i only speak kelantan dialect when am with kelantan friends and my family. There lots more and looking forward for my kelantan vocab........... simply a memories

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Add ons:

Lembek - tilam
Buah tupoh - apple
Plaka - guruh

Hehehe.....

Mung oghe Kelate deh?

For Better or Worse said...

wahahhahahaha

yes..... yess....... that one's too......

owh add on more......
kayu skae = ruller
kain bulu = towel
ismi = resam